Handmade for the Holidays is a curated handmade only show. Applications must be submitted online via the form below. Click on the topics below to read full show details.
Please note: To meet government regulations for non-essential gatherings, all vendors and shoppers will need to provide proof of vaccination or medical documentation to participant in the show.
Date and Times
The 2021 Handmade for the Holidays craft show will be held at the Zatzman Sportsplex, Dartmouth, NS on October 22-24.
Friday 22nd: 2.00 pm – 9.00 pm
Saturday 23rd: 9.00 am – 6.00 pm
Sunday 24th: 10.00 am – 4.00 pm
Exhibitor set up times to be provided.
Booth Information & Fees
- Exhibitors may apply for no more than 2 consecutive booth spaces.
- Booth types listed here are the only options available.
- Membership is required for all exhibitors. Membership fee is not included in booth fees. Membership fee is $40
ALL BOOTHS INCLUDE:
- One 60″ x 30″ (5′) table.
- 2 chairs
- Co-Operators insurance: Members who attend the DHG show enjoy liability coverage for other sanctioned shows. Insurance certificates will be sent once booth payment has been received.
BOOTH TYPES & FEES
- Upstairs: 11′ x 6′ = $275 (+HST)
- Downstairs/Arena: 10′ x 8′ = $295 (+HST)
(Limited corner booths are available downstairs for an additional $30)
For more booth details visit Booth Types and Fees FAQ here.
Deadlines & Timeline
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The first round of applications closed on Jun 21, 2021. We re-opened applications, and they will remain open until we fill the remaining vacancies.
If we have space remaining in any category after the first round of acceptances have been confirmed (soon after June 21st), we may accept some second round applications for a short time thereafter to fill vacancies.
WHEN WILL I KNOW IF I AM ACCEPTED? Due to the ongoing situation with the pandemic, we have delayed opening applications for the 2021 show. Therefore we will also delay the closing of applications for the 2021 show keeping applications open until June 21. The curating and booth designation will take place thereafter and notifications will be sent as quickly as possible. Please bear with us as we move forward this year as we will need to adapt and change according to the changing health guidelines.
If second round applications are accepted (after June 21st), those will be curated on a rolling basis as they are received.
WHEN ARE BOOTH FEES DUE? Successful applicants are notified of acceptance as soon as possible after applications close and curating takes place. An invoice will accompany your acceptance notification. Exhibitors will need to pay for their space in full by the invoice deadline in order to secure their space.
If second round applications are accepted (after June 21st), successful applicants will receive an invoice with the acceptance notification. Exhibitors will need to pay for their space in full on receipt of invoice in order to secure their space.
All exhibitors must be members of the Guild even if sharing a booth space. Each individual exhibitor must complete an application and indicate if they are the PRIMARY or SECONDARY applicant and provide the name of the applicant they wish to share with. Each exhibitor must fill out a separate application and be accepted in order to be permitted to share a space. DHG will invoice the primary applicant for the booth fee and their membership fee. The secondary applicant will only be invoiced for their membership fee.
Criteria and Eligibility
Applications are open to those who produce handmade art and craft.
Successful applications are based in part on the following criteria:
- The completeness of your application
- The quality of workmanship and overall consistency of your work.
- How your items are represented in your photos.
- If we feel that your work is too similar to other artists we have participating. (We limit exhibitors per category)
- The number and diversity of designs or products you offer. We ask that applicants apply to exhibit items in no more than two categories.
- Our need to diversify the crafts available at the Show.
This is only a summary. Please visit the detailed SHOW STANDARDS CRITERIA AND ELIGIBILITY information. (Opens a new window).
The Dartmouth Handcrafters Guild reserves the right to accept or reject applications at its discretion to balance the style and content of the event for the benefit of all who attend.
Acceptance of the exhibitor terms and conditions is a requisite of your application to the show. You must read these before applying. They are available to view in full. READ TERMS AND CONDITIONS HERE (opens a new window).
If you have questions not answered here please visit the FAQ page. If you do not find the answer to your question there, please contact us for assistance. VIEW FAQ PAGE HERE (opens a new window).
Sorry. This form is no longer available.